Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Once More

Of course since you called yesterday I didn't sleep last night. Murphy's Law.

I thought about my best friend last night while I wrestled with how I feel about you. I thought about the fact that she and I may talk one day about her and her family. The next time we may talk about my family, the next time we may talk about both families or neither family. Sometimes we just talk about how we are feeling about the gas prices, the economy, the world at large. But we talk. We are equal in caring about each other. But you....you care about no one but you.

My sons talk with each other a great deal since they live in different states. Neither of them talk with their sister on the phone much. But when they all get together it's as if they have talked to each other every day. There is a bond that nothing can break.

You and I don't have a bond. Your idea of a bond is I give and you take. I'm not having any of that any more, ever again.

Did you know my mother died last June? Yeah I know your mother died last June, but did you know mine did too? Do you care that I lost the woman who gave life to me, I lost the last parent I had. I lost a best friend. Did you know that? I suppose not; you lost the person who allowed you to live in HER house and not help in any way. I still grieve for the person I lost. The last person who knew me as a child on an every day basis.

I know you lost your mother. And I do care. But what about me? Does that ever cross your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment